- This event has passed.
350 New Mexico in Albuquerque
January 1 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 5:00pm on day First of the month, repeating until June 18, 2018
An event every month that begins at 5:00pm on day Third of the month, repeating until January 21, 2019
Ongoing twice monthly meetings with 350 New Mexico in Albuquerque, the 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month, 5pm.
350 New Mexico is the New Mexico chapter of 350.org, the international grassroots organization committed to building a global climate movement. We partner with many environmental, social justice, and political organizations around the state as part of the Albuquerque Climate Coalition. We work together for climate justice for all.
350 New Mexico works with 350.org and local partners to:
- Dismantle the social license of the fossil fuel industry by shifting public opinion and by damaging their economic and political power through the fossil fuel divestment campaigns;
- Battle dirty projects and industry practices in solidarity with communities most impacted by the industry;
- Promote investment toward community sustainability initiatives, renewable energy projects, and economic pathways to shift away from a fossil fuel economy;
- Respond to climate disaster by connecting the dots to climate change and by supporting local efforts that meet the needs of affected people;
- Move local and national governments towards ambitious national action to stop greenhouse gas emissions; and
- Participate in mass global mobilizations to influence UN Climate negotiations.
350 New Mexico Mission Statement:
Our volunteer action group works locally to help grow the grassroots climate movement so that we can solve the climate crisis and transition our world to a sustainable future.